RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR CANCER PATIENTS
What to do if you just got diagnosed with Prostate Cancer:
- Inform yourself with information about Prostate Cancer.
- Inform of your diagnosis to your significant other (wife, partner, friend)
- Check with your health insurance on coverage.
- Request a copy of your biopsy report, testing results, doctors’ notes, and diagnosis.
- Start calling specialists to schedule with surgeons, radiotherapists & oncologists. Get a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion.
- The day of your appointment don’t forget to bring all of your medical records: from your PSA results to MRI’s, any medical evaluation and notes from providers.
- Make a list of any and all questions you have for the doctor and, make sure to request a copy of the medical visit noted for your own personal records.
- Bring someone with you, extra hears are always helpful.
- Make sure to be part of a support group.
Financial Assistance for patients with cancer and those that are underinsured:
- Cancer Advocacy Project